How to Consign with Lullabies & Mudpies
Step 2: Collect & Prep Your Items
Step 3: Tag & Price Your Items
Step 4: Drop Off Your Items
TBA location 2
Bring Your Best
Please do not bring your worn out or stained items. Let’s keep L&M standards high for all of us who shop the event!
Clothing limit is 200 pieces this sale unless you become a Team Member. If you have more than 200 clothing items you can double this limit when you are a Team Member with 4 time blocks. Also if you donate all, you can bring unlimited items.
Shoes-10 pair each gender- we will accept more but you will have to mark donate, or if you are a Team Member with 4 time blocks your limits double.
- **NOT all items are listed, we are accepting most things for kids infant to tween.
- SPRING EVENTS (not accepting heavy winter fabrics such as fleece/cord/velour, long sleeves, winter boots, winter accessories such as thick tights, winter hats, gloves, Christmas seasonal items)
- FALL EVENTS (not accepting shorts aside from listed items… (ONLY uniform shorts like Lands End, Old Navy, French Toast in khaki or navy colors. Also accepting NIKE, ADIDAS, or UNDER ARMOUR brand basketball shorts), no tanks, swim, open toe shoes, Easter seasonal items)
- ALL SEASONS Boutique, pjs, cowboy boots, jeans & capri pants, and team sports, school uniforms, girl/boy sports shorts/UA, Adidas, Nike etc
- Indoor and Outdoor Toys, playhouses, kitchen, play tool workbenches, equipment, bikes, riding toys, learning toys, family oriented DVD
- Children’s Furniture. Please bring someone to assist you in setting up your items.
- Baby & Youth Equipment- no crib bumpers (only breathable allowed/or included with bedding) Pack and Plays, Jumperoos, all Baby Equip must be fully assembled onsite to ensure all parts are available and they are in clean condition.
- Baby Items, Infant Onesies (hung only), also hang blankets, nursing covers, diaper bags. Breast pumps allowed but need to be sterilized and must be labeled discount and donate.
- ****Categories that are accepted but MUST BE DISCOUNT***** – bottles/feeding, breastpumps, kids purses/backpacks, bedding, bath, accessories, home décor. WE will place a sign on DISCOUNT DAY for these items to go to the reduced price
- Toys, Books, DVDs in original cases, Video games, Games (ALL PIECES), Puzzles (ALL PIECES) (PLEASE COUNT AND NOTE IN YOUR TAG DESCRIPTION ALL PIECES INCLUDED) Books are limited to 40 per seller unless you become a 4 block Team Member .
- Electronics sell like CRAZY! We accept gaming systems, video games for all systems, iPods, iPads, mp3 players, DS games, etc. (We will have safety measures in place to the best of our ability. We do not typically have issues however, it is up to your discretion to sell or not. It is your responsibility to notify us at drop off about any item that is a electronic HIGH VALUE ITEM (tag value over $25).
- Stuffed Animals: Electronic (have a talent) or character types like Disney, Clifford, Curious George, Barney, etc.
- Costumes (MUST DISCOUNT)
- Handbags and Totes name brands specifically COACH, DOONEY, FOSSIL, THIRTY ONE, VERA, MK sell really well. (PENSACOLA-limit 3 per consignor-unless you become a 4 block team member then your limits double.ALL MUST BE ON A HANGER AND CLEAN.
- Home Décor/Bedding — This fall event we will not be accepting home decor or bedding for sizes full-king. We will accept furniture such as dressers, organizing shelving/toy organizers etc. made for kids rooms or organizing kids stuff.
- Cribs: If you are selling a crib, it will either need to have the manufacture date on the crib (dated June 28, 2011 or after) OR you will need to have a certificate of compliance (print out from the web or crib manufacturer) stating that the crib meets laws.
- Shoes: CURRENT styles and like-new condition only. LIMIT 10 PENSACOLA (unless you are a 4 block Team Member, then double limit) Please zip tie these or this is much better than in a Ziploc people like to look at them and the bags get dirty easy and do not look as good to sell the item. PLEASE CLEAN SHOES, If we find SHOES that are DIRTY we will place in donate bins not as go backs. ****Don’t forget tape in shoes MANDATORY to drop shoes off write consignor number, item number, price and disc y or n.
- Teen/Ladies, Mens, Maternity clothing
- No bedding sets (crib sheets, lovies, small blankets accepted on hangers. (Make sure to price to sell and they MUST BE DISCOUNT)
- NO CAR SEATS, only with TRAVEL SYSTEMS are they ACCEPTED or CONVERTIBLE HIGH END CAR SEATS like Britax, they are more durable and have a longer expiration usually 6-8yrs. Make sure to check yours with the manufacturer
- Cribs that are out of compliance with the new CPSC ruling, effective June 28, 2011. It is illegal to sell a crib that does not comply with the CPSC’s new standards. See note to left about selling your crib. Info from the CPSC here.
- Any recalled items. (Check www.cpsc.gov for a complete list or just google brand and model) CONSIGNORS RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THEY ARE NOT SELLING ANY RECALLED ITEMS
- one current recall is for Bumbo seats without the safety strap .
- Shirts with old dates printed on the front or event shirts. Ex: Old Navy 2010, Disney 2009
- Lingerie or underwear of any kind(Undergarment only NWT (new with tags)
- Out of Style Apparel
- Promotional toys from restaurants, fairs, carnivals, etc (we will have donation bins for these)
- Mattresses with tears or staining, gym/medical equip, furniture with cloth i.e. couches etc.
- Dvds without it’s original case. NO CD’s
- Protective gear-cleats, shin guards, helmets
- Stained, torn, faded, worn, pilled, missing buttons/snaps, broken zippers. Items that smell of smoke, mothballs, or have pet hair on them,equipment that has soiled straps, items that have food or waste residues on them,outdoor Toys/Equipment that are excessively molded or smell of mildew.
- Electronic Items without batteries. We need to be able to prove it is in working condition to our shoppers. We will donate toys without working batteries. Please make sure the items have enough battery life to last through several tests because if they are out they are likely to be pulled from the sales floor.
ALL UNACCEPTABLE ITEMS will go straight into our donated items.
How do I reload?
More info to come….
To Discount or Not?
We strongly recommend discounting, our half price day is one of our busiest sale days. If you decide to lower a price on one of your items during the sale please see a L&M team member.
It’s your responsibility as a seller to check for recalls on products you are selling. Check out the link below for one of many resources.
- Please DO NOT make duplicate tags for your items, this can be confusing to shoppers
To increase your sales and create a more eye appealing display, hang items such as: Blankets/infant towels, bloomers/tights, infant carriers/slings, purses/diaper bags, onsies (no Ziploc bags for any of these items…trust us ,they will sell better)
For items with multiple pieces, double check that all pieces are present before placing a handwritten note on the tag stating- ALL PIECES included.
Minimum item price of $2 can Price in .50 cent increments. Consider allowing your items to sell at a discount on the last day, 50% is better than nothing.
- Use white card stock only for printing tags on. (We have another color for a particular reasons.)
Required- Place masking tape with your consignor/item number and price on the bottom of multiple pieces and on the bottoms of shoes in case item and tag are separated.
- If your item is brought to sale as stained or with a missing button etc we reserve the right to sell it for the discounted price (this includes NO DISC items). If items are not clean and in good selling condition we reserve the right to donate. We do not have space to store large items that are not sell-able.
- Please use appropriate size hangers. Some items have scoop/v necks & they need to be pinned to the hanger through the clothing seams. If the items are under a size 5-6 use a childs hanger or if over use an adult hanger to make items have their best presentation for selling.
Clothing Prep – At Home
Sort clothing by size and gender. You are able to make several groups of the same size, it does not all have to be all in one band. RUBBER BANDS only we will not accept zip ties, pipe cleaners, ribbon etc. Please do not cover clothing with garbage bags or things we have to take off. As you tag and hang, you can bundle that section and then when you load your car you can lay them flat in groups so they can come out of your vehicle easy. When you bind up your clothing make sure that sizes are grouped together and for example 6-9mos would be grouped with the starting number 6mos and 0-6mos would be NEWBORN- this is how you will place it on the racks. If you stack in size sequence after banded in a tote etc this will help you get things out fast. Please rubber band but not too tight our fingers start really hurting after a while of un-banding to inspect the clothing 🙂 Please separate out these categories as we have designated areas for Boutique clothing, Costumes, Christmas.
PLEASE HANG Purses, Diaper Bags, Swaddlers, Nursing Covers, Receiving blankets, Blankets, Onsies, DO NOT PLACE THESE IN BAGS. Please secure to a hanger our sales are much better in this area now that they are hanging.
REMINDER please make sure if you have clothing bigger than a size 5 that you have it on a adult hanger the size 5 and higher usually loose hangers if they are not on a bigger hanger or pinned carefully but shoppers do not like to many pins in clothes so please use appropriate size hangers for both small and bigger clothing.
Other Item Prep
This will speed up your drop off process if you have your items organized in the following groups. We will also send a map close to drop day to describe where items will go:
- Toys Infant-Toddler under age 2 (make sure you have batteries in all toys and they have been wiped down)
- Baby-land (as we call it) hooded towels, cloth diapers, bottles, sippy cups.
- Girl and Boy Toys for ages above 2 (make sure you have batteries in all toys and they have been wiped down)
- Shoes please separate by gender. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR SHOES ARE CLEAN and ZIP TIED and do not forget to put masking tape inside each shoe with your seller number, item number, price, and disc y or n. WE WILL BE DONATING UNACCEPTABLE SHOES.
- Media-place in a diaper box or small box that can hold the weight of these heavier items. Board games, Puzzles, Video games, books and media related items.
- Home Decor/Room Decor in a separate box.
- If you have a high end hand bag, designer jeans, Video game console or something with a tag price over $25 that you would like to bring to our attention… please keep separately and alert us to those, we will have a registration area for HV items at check in. We might place an extra security claim ticket or place the item at or near checkout. IF YOU HAVE NOT ALERTED US TO THESE ITEMS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ASSIST IN LOOKING INTO ANY “MISSING” items. DO NOT SEPARATE VIDEO GAMES/DVDS for the register area.
Make Sure Your Items are CLEAN & SMELL GOOD
Free of pet hair and odor/smoke smells etc. Use a fabric refresher spray and/or freshly launder this will really help sales. Appearance and SMELL is so important.