How to Consign with Lullabies & Mudpies
Step 2: Collect & Prep Your Items
Step 3: Tag & Price Your Items
Step 4: Drop Off Your Items
- Fri, Aug 25 – 6am – Online Tagging Closes
- Fri, Aug 25 & Sat, Feb 26 – Drive Thru Drop Off (schedule appts)
- Mon, Aug 28– 2pm – Elite Consignors Presale (2 HP shifts)
- Mon, Aug 28 – 3pm – Premier Consignors Presale (1 HP shift)
- Mon, Aug 28 – 4pm – Super Consignors Presale (1-any shift)
- Mon, Aug 28 – 5pm – Consignors Presale
- Tues, Sept 5 – Consignor Pick Up (evening times TBA)
- Sat, Oct 21 – 6am – Online Tagging Closes
- Sun, Oct 22 & Mon, Oct 23 – Drive Thru Drop off (schedule appts)
- Tue, Oct 24 – 4pm – Elite Consignors Presale (2 HP shifts)
- Tue, Oct 24 – 5pm – Premier Consignors Presale (1 HP shift)
- Tue, Oct 24 – 6pm – Super Consignors Presale (Any shift)
- Tue, Oct 24 – 630pm Consignors Presale
- Tue, Oct 30 evening and Oct 31 morning as assigned – Consignor Pick Up (specific times TBA)
Bring Your BestPlease do not bring your worn out or stained items. Let’s keep L&M standards high for all of us who shop the event!
Clothing LimitsClothing limit is 250 pieces this sale unless you volunteer. If you have more than 250 clothing items you can surpass this limit by 100 pcs for each HP shift you volunteer unless all items are donated you can bring unlimited if discounting/donating all.
Shoe LimitShoes-10 pair each gender- we will accept more but you will have to mark discount and donate, or if you volunteer your limits double for each high priority shift worked.
- NOT all items are listed, we are accepting most things for kids infant to tween.
- SPRING EVENTS (not accepting heavy winter fabrics such as fleece/cord/velour, long sleeves, winter boots, winter accessories such as thick tights, winter hats, gloves, Christmas seasonal items)
- FALL EVENTS (not accepting shorts (ONLY uniform shorts like Lands End, Old Navy, French Toast in khaki or navy colors. Also accepting NIKE, ADIDAS, or UNDERARMOUR brand basketball shorts), no tanks, swim, open toe shoes, Easter seasonal items)
- Boutique, pjs, cowboy boots, jeans & capri pants, and team sports, school uniforms, basketball shorts attire are all seasons.
- Indoor and Outdoor Toys, playhouses, kitchen, play tool workbenches, equipment, bikes, riding toys, learning toys, family oriented DVD
- Children’s Furniture. Please bring someone to assist you in setting up your items.
- Baby & Youth Equipment- no crib bumpers (only breathable allowed/or included with bedding)(Pack and Plays need to be assembled onsite to ensure all parts are available and they are in clean condition.
- Baby Items, Infant Onesies (hung only), also hang blankets, nursing covers, diaper bags. Breast pumps allowed but need to be sterilized and must be labeled DISC/DONATE.
- Toys, Books, DVDs in original cases, Video games (OPTIONAL TO SEPARATE GAME IN ZIPLOC BAG TO BE CHECKED IN AT DROP OFF ONLY IF HIGH VALUE ITEM/TAG VALUE OVER $25), Games (ALL PIECES), Puzzles (ALL PIECES) (PLEASE COUNT AND NOTE IN YOUR TAG DESCRIPTION ALL PIECES INCLUDED)
- Electronics sell like CRAZY! We accept gaming systems, video games for all systems, iPods, iPads, mp3 players, DS games, etc. (We will have safety measures in place to the best of our ability. We do not typically have issues however, it is up to your discretion to sell or not. It is your responsibility to notify us at drop off about any item that is a electronic HIGH VALUE ITEM (tag value over $25).
- Maternity 15 of your best pieces and all must be discounted, unlimited if you are DISC/DON (If you volunteer your limits double for each HP shift)
- Stuffed Animals: Electronic (have a talent) or character types like Disney, Clifford, Curious George, Barney, etc.
- Costumes (MUST DISCOUNT)
- Handbags and Totes name brands specifically COACH, DOONEY, FOSSIL, THIRTY ONE, VERA, MK sell really well. (PENSACOLA-limit 3 per consignor-unless volunteer your limits double for each HP shift) ALL MUST BE ON A HANGER AND CLEAN.
- Home Décor/Bedding nice items such as Kirkland pictures, ALL Furniture, Room Décor, LIMIT of 5 items in this category unless volunteer limits double for each HP shift. Please email us with any questions on acceptable. All size bedding allowed but must DISCOUNT.
- Cribs: If you are selling a crib, it will either need to have the manufacture date on the crib (dated June 28, 2011 or after) OR you will need to have a certificate of compliance (print out from the web or crib manufacturer) stating that the crib meets laws.
- Shoes: CURRENT styles and like-new condition only. LIMIT 10 PENSACOLA (unless you volunteer for a HP shifts then double limit) Please zip tie these or use curling ribbon this is much better than in a Ziploc people like to look at them and the bags get dirty easy and do not look as good to sell the item. PLEASE CLEAN SHOES, If we find SHOES that are DIRTY we will place in donate bins not as go backs. They will get other consignors shoes and items dirty and we dislike shopping shoes that are unclean in both smell and appearance.
- Teen/Ladies, Mens clothing
- NO CAR SEATS, only with TRAVEL SYSTEMS are they ACCEPTED or CONVERTIBLE HIGH END CAR SEATS like Britax, they are more durable and have a longer expiration usually 8-9yrs.
- Cribs that are out of compliance with the new CPSC ruling, effective June 28, 2011. It is illegal to sell a crib that does not comply with the CPSC’s new standards. See note to left about selling your crib. Info from the CPSC here.
- Any recalled items. (Check www.cpsc.gov for a complete list or just google brand and model) CONSIGNORS RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THEY ARE NOT SELLING ANY RECALLED ITEMS
- one current recall is for Bumbo seats without the safety strap .
- Shirts with old dates printed on the front or event shirts. Ex: Old Navy 2010, Disney 2009
- Lingerie or underwear of any kind(Undergarment only NWT (new with tags)
- Out of Style Apparel
- Promotional toys from restaurants, fairs, carnivals, etc (we will have donation bins for these)
- Mattresses with tears or staining, gym/medical equip, furniture with cloth i.e. couches etc.
- Dvds without it’s original case. NO CD’s
- Stained, torn, faded, worn, pilled, missing buttons/snaps, broken zippers. Items that smell of smoke, mothballs, or have pet hair on them,equipment that has soiled straps, items that have food or waste residues on them,outdoor Toys/Equipment that are excessively molded or smell of mildew.
- Electronic Items without batteries. We need to be able to prove it is in working condition to our shoppers. These items will be returned to you at drop off or if we have available we will charge you a $1 per battery fee to replace. Please make sure the items have enough battery life to last through several tests because if they are out they are likely to be pulled from the sales floor.
ALL UNACCEPTABLE ITEMS will either go straight into our donated items if listed as such or will be available to pick up on your own discretion in our LOST/STAINED room at the end of the sale.
How do I reload?More info to come….Reload for the Pensacola event will be the ability for us to transport your items to from the Crestview sale site. Form will be emailed for you to bring to drop off. Make sure you are already registered for the Crestview sale.
To Discount or Not?We strongly recommend discounting, our half price day is one of our busiest sale days. If you decide to lower a price on one of your items during the sale please see a L&M team member.
It’s your responsibility as a seller to check for recalls on products you are selling. Check out the link below for one of many resources.
- Please DO NOT make duplicate tags for your items, this can be confusing to shoppers
To increase your sales and create a more eye appealing display, hang items such as: Blankets/infant towels, bloomers/tights, infant carriers/slings, purses/diaper bags, onsies (no Ziploc bags for any of these items…trust us ,they will sell better)
For items with multiple pieces, double check that all pieces are present before placing a handwritten note on the tag stating- ALL PIECES included.
Minimum item price of $.50. Price in .50 cent increments. Consider allowing your items to sell at a discount on the last day, 50% is better than nothing.
- Use white cardstock only for printing tags on. (We have another color for a particular reasons.)
Optional- Place masking tape with your consignor/item number and price on the bottom of multiple pieces and on the bottoms of shoes incase item and tag are separated.
- If your item is brought to sale as stained or with a missing button etc we reserve the right to sell it for the discounted price (this includes NO DISC items). If items are not clean and in good selling condition we reserve the right to donate. We do not have space to store large items that are not sellable.
- Please use appropriate size hangers. Some items have scoop/v necks & they need to be pinned to the hanger through the clothing seams. If the items are childrens items under a size 5-6 use a childs hanger or if over use an adult hanger to make items have their best presentation for selling.
Clothing Prep – At Home
Sort clothing by size and gender. You are able to make several groups of the same size, it does not all have to be all in one band. RUBBER BANDS only we will not accept zip ties, pipe cleaners, ribbon etc. As you tag and hang, you can bundle that section and then when you load your car you can lay them flat in groups so they can come out of your vehicle easy. Please do not put them in bins/totes in your vehicle this will slow our speed when you have to unpack since we will have rolling racks right by your vehicle. When you bind up your clothing make sure that sizes are grouped together and for example 6-9mos would be grouped with the starting number 6mos and 0-6mos would be NEWBORN. If you have one item of that size or gender, do not place it in with another group of sizes. This will cause your items to go in the wrong area. You do not have to make sure things are in stacked in size sequence, nor do you have to worry about handing them off to us in size order unless you just happen to pack that way, just make sure the grouped banded items are all the same. Please rubber band but not too tight our fingers start really hurting after a while of un-banding to inspect the clothing 🙂 We are not separating any specialty items only COSTUMES.
PLEASE HANG Purses, Diaper Bags, Swaddlers, Nursing Covers, Receiving blankets, Blankets, Onsies, DO NOT PLACE THESE IN BAGS. Please secure to a hanger our sales are much better in this area now that they are hung
REMINDER please make sure if you have clothing bigger than a size 5 that you have it on a adult hanger the size 5 and higher usually loose hangers if they are not on a bigger hanger or pinned carefully but shoppers do not like to many pins in clothes so please use appropriate size hangers for both small and bigger clothing.
Other Item Prep
Box up in a non-returnable box (preferred method) or garbage bag and label in the following groups:
- Toys Infant-Toddler under age 2 (make sure you have batteries in all toys and they have been wiped down)
- Baby-land (as we call it) hooded towels, cloth diapers, bottles, sippy cups.
- Girl and Boy Toys for ages above 2 (make sure you have batteries in all toys and they have been wiped down)
- Shoes please separate by gender in a store grocery bag just fill it, tie it, and label Girls or Boys. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR SHOES ARE CLEAN and ZIP TIED. WE WILL BE DONATING UNACCEPTABLE SHOES.
- Media-place in a diaper box or small box that can hold the weight of these heavier items. Board games, Puzzles, Video games, books and media related items.
- Home Decor/Room Decor in a seperate box.
- If you have a high end hand bag, designer jeans, PlayStation 3 or something with a tag price over $25 that you would like to bring to our attention… please keep separately and alert us to those at check in. We might place an extra security claim ticket or place the item at or near checkout. IF YOU HAVE NOT ALERTED US TO THESE ITEMS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ASSIST IN LOOKING INTO ANY “MISSING” item for these higher end items. DO NOT SEPERATE VIDEO GAMES/DVDS for the register area if not over $25
Make Sure Your Items are CLEAN & SMELL GOODFree of pet hair and odor/smoke smells etc. Use a fabric refresher spray and/or freshly launder this will really help sales. Appearance and SMELL is so important.
Large Item Drop-OffIf you have a large amount of items to drop off (more than 500 total items) please message us by Feb 20th to arrange an appt.
Drive-Thru Checkin Notes
- Pull into the main entrance keep coming down until you see a sign that directs you to line up under the overhang. Please enter the line at your drop off scheduled time. If every person is 5-15 min late or early this really hurts our schedules and makes for longer wait times.
- We are excited that even though there will be a likely wait time, you will be able to enjoy sitting in your vehicle. Just as a reminder it is extremely likely there will be a 30 min or more wait so please plan accordingly. If you are unable to make your appt time please email us at email@example.com if we have ability to reschedule we will let you know.
- You will get out of your vehicle and unload your car by handing off boxes/clothing. You will mention to us as you pass the boxes to us what each box is based on the above groupings so we can quickly get it to the respective processing area. You will not need to wait for returns and you will be able to retrieve those unaccepted items at pickup. PLEASE DO NOT hold up the line to ask questions we do our very best to answer emails quickly so please pop us an email or ask questions on Facebook we have a million awesome tenured consignors that will help answer if we are not speedy enough. Sorry but this drive thru has to keep moving fast paced or we get backed up. Thank you for understanding. If you have a pack n play and/or large furniture item such as a crib you will need to pull up after unload and walk back up to door to assemble.
- Please do not pull out of the drive until you get a “GO” Signal from our L&M team. This will keep things running safe and smoothly.
A little time and planning can speed up every consignor’s drop-off time as well as our processing time inside.